Wednesday, January 18, 2017

MAPLEWOOD'S CONGRESSMAN TO BOYCOTT INAUGURATION

From Congressman Donald Payne Jr., who represents Maplewood, on Tuesday:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Donald 
M. Payne, Jr. (NJ-10) issued the following 
statement today announcing his decision to 
boycott President-elect Donald Trump's
inauguration:
 
"I have the deepest respect for the office of the presidency, 
something that cannot be said for President-elect Trump. 
His actions and statements have consistently been
below the dignity of the office, and there's no indication that 
will change. Donald Trump will be our president, and I will 
work with him if my values permit, and if doing so is in the 
best interest of my constituents and the nation. But I will not
celebrate his swearing-in to an office that he has proven unfit 
to hold."

No comments: