Wednesday, July 27, 2016

DEPARTING MMS ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL PENS FAREWELL LETTER

We told you Tuesday that Maplewood Middle School Assistant Principal Marc Gold had accepted a new job in Morristown and would be leaving at the end of the Summer.

Gold sent a letter to parents today informing them of his departure.

See it below:

Letter to MMS Community from Assistant Principal, Marc Gold

July 27, 2016

Dear Maplewood Middle School Community Members and Students:

In 2009, I was given the privilege of being selected as a special education teacher at Maplewood Middle School.  I was straight out of college and I was so excited to get a chance to start my career in education.  At the time, I did not know what a supportive, dedicated, passionate, diverse, forward-thinking and kind-hearted community I was stepping into.  I have found out that Maplewood is truly a community of collaboration and I am so proud that I have been able to be involved in that partnership for the past seven years.  It is with considerable reflection and a heavy heart that I am announcing that I am leaving the wonderful South Orange and Maplewood School District.

I would like to thank all of the community members that I have been involved with during my tenure at MMS.  From all of the collaboration with our amazing HSA (Co-Presidents Kathleen Bailie and Alan Stephenson and all of the HSA representatives), Footprints program, Future Leaders, PBIS Committee Members, Model UN (thank you to all of the parents who volunteered and woke up at 4:00 am, on the weekend, to provide our students with these wonderful experiences), MMS Garden Committee, Strategic Direction Committee, Action Planning Committee, Odyssey of the Mind, Boy’s/Girl’s Night Out volunteers/donors, to the numerous interactions that I have enjoyed on a daily basis with countless community members, I would personally like to thank you for always being there for our students during this vital time of social, emotional, physical and educational growth. 

To the students, it has been an honor to serve you as a special education teacher and as an assistant principal for the past seven years.  I would like to express my profound and genuine appreciation for all that you have taught me.  Each and every day you have provided me with insight and inspiration to improve my craft and I truly thank you for that.  I ask that as you move through your lives, you put forth the effort to build positive relationships and make decisions that will better yourselves and others around you.  I hope that you are fortunate to identify a passion and if so, I encourage you to pursue your passion.  Lastly, please ensure that you treat others with respect and as you would like to be treated.  I believe if you are always interacting with positive energy, you will find that the majority of your experiences will be joyful. 

I am indebted to Maplewood Middle School and the SOMSD community for providing me with the ability to grow professionally and, more importantly, as an individual.  

Sincerely,
Marc Gold
Marc Gold

No comments: