Tuesday, August 18, 2015

CHS TRACK COACH LEGEND MORGAN LEAVING FOR COLLEGE GIG

From NJ.com today:










Lisa Morgan, one of the most successful high school track and field coaches in state history, has stepped down as head boys and girls outdoor track and field coach at Columbia High School to become the head coach of the new men's and women's outdoor track and field program at Bloomfield College, Morgan said on Monday night. 

Morgan, who said she was officially hired on Monday, plans to remain at Columbia this fall as the head boys cross-country coach, and this winter as the boys and girls head track and field coach before resigning from those positions to begin her coaching career at Division 2 Bloomfield College this spring. Bloomfield College has never had a track and field program before.

"The time was just right for me to move on,'' said Morgan. "I have done everything there is to do in high school coaching by taking Columbia to the very top in the state and in the nation. And to have an opportunity to build my own college program right here in New Jersey was too much to pass up. Bloomfield has never had a track program before, and I pride myself on building programs. I created a great winning legacy at Columbia, and I plan to do the same thing at Bloomfield College.   

Read the rest HERE.