Wednesday, June 10, 2015

SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER BENNETT WILL NOT RUN AGAIN

A year after three incumbents chose not to run again for the Board of Education at least one of this year's incumbents has decided not to seek re-election.

Jeffrey Bennett, who is in his first term, told us he will not be on the ballot in November, citing time constraints and an effort to do other things.

He issued this statement today:

It's been an honor to serve on the BOE and I hope I've contributed to improving the school system, but I do not have the time budget to continue my service for another three years. Although I will no longer be a member of the BOE, I plan on remaining involved in the school system in the future as a parent and volunteer. I hope to continue as a communicator of the need for a fair and rational distribution of state aid.

Board President Wayne Eastman and Board Member Madhu Pai, who are also in their first terms and up for re-election, said they plan to run again this year.

Candidates have until July 27 to file petitions to run in the school board race in November.

No comments: