Tuesday, April 28, 2015

KURT KILEY NOT RUNNING FOR TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGAIN

UPDATE: Kiley explains his decision below

Past Township Committee candidate Kurt Kiley, who ran last year as an independent and garnered a respectable 10.9% of the vote, and ran as well in 2013, will not run again this year.

Kiley told Maplewoodian.com in an email that he was not going to be on the ballot this fall or in the primary.

He sent this statement via email Tuesday:
 
I lot of thought went into my decision.
 
I’m pragmatic, I just don’t have the resources to run against Fred Profeta, David Huemer as well as Gerry Ryan, Vic Deluca and Nancy Adams. Very formidable politicians.
 
Fred is prepared to throw as many resources as necessary into Greg’s campaign. I have a truly grass roots campaign and wouldn’t even be able to come close to any of the establishment candidates, Gerry, Nancy or Greg.
 
So I will take a step back and try to move forward with the platform issues from my campaign. I believe I can still be a positive influence in Maplewood.
 
And Carol and I are planning to get married in the fall, this is the most important issue in my life right now!
 
Currently, three candidates -- incumbent Jerry Ryan and challengers Nancy Adams and Greg Lembrich -- are running in the Democratic primary, while Republican Phyllis F. Scalera is the lone GOP primary candidate. Incumbent Kathy Leventhal is not running for re-election.

The primary is June 2, which is also the deadline for independents to file in the November general election.

No comments: