Friday, February 20, 2015

ACCUSED CHS TEACHER'S ATTORNEY: SHE'S THE VICTIM

Timothy Smith, attorney for accused Columbia High School teacher Nicole Dufault, reacted to her 40-count indictment stemming from allegations she had sex with six under-aged CHS students by declaring his belief that she was victimized.

"I feel extremely confident in stating, and firmly believe in my heart, that there is only one victim, not six, and that victim is Nicole Dufault," he said via email.

He later added, "I feel confident in stating, and firmly believe in my heart, that there is only one victim, not six, and that victim is Nicole Dufault. I feel equally confident in stating that these students are not the type of people you contemplate when you hear the term 'victim.'

"I believe that Ms. Dufault's brain trauma and surgery, which rendered her particularly vulnerable to the students' wolf pack mentality, will factor significantly in the trial. If justice is served, not only should Ms. Dufault be fully exonerated, she should also be compensated by those directly and indirectly responsible for her tragic victimization."

No comments: