Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SPRINGFIELD AVENUE PARTNERSHIP LEADERSHIP CHANGE COMING

This email sent out from the Springfield Avenue Partnership:


Springfield Avenue District Businesses, & Property Owners, Associates and Colleagues:

I wanted to let you know, after almost 30 years of supporting volunteers and staff working hard to improve their business districts and communities, I find myself in a position that will allow me to spend more time with my family and on more personal priorities. I won’t be retiring but I will be spending less time on the daily activities that have provided me with a lot pleasure but left me with little time for myself. As a result, in January, I informed the trustees of the Springfield Avenue Partnership, that my last day of service to the Partnership and the Township of Maplewood would be June 30, 2013.  The trustees accepted my departure graciously and with their good wishes and continued support in the many activities we have undertaken in the first half of the year.

The Partnership is seeking my replacement, and I and my staff are committed to helping in every way to ensure a seamless transition between our team and those who will replace us.  Jim Nering, the SAP president, and Vic DeLuca, our mayor, are coordinating the search process.

As for myself, I wanted to extend my appreciation for the support you’ve shown me throughout my tenure, and that you showed our colleague and former team member, Meryl Layton before me. Our firm, Commercial District Services, beginning with our work with Beth Anne Macdonald, the former manager in our last period of service to the Partnership, has enjoyed our service and the many who give selflessly in support of Maplewood.  We would like to think we helped make a difference.

Needless to say, I am focusing on what will be my last Mayfest, a signature event that highlights the best of Maplewood and does so on Springfield Avenue to highlight one of Maplewood’s increasingly vibrant districts.

As June 30th approaches, I hope I will have the opportunity of personally thanking you for the support you’ve given me during my time with you.

Thank you,

Diana Vitrano
District Manager


Springfield Avenue Partnership

No comments: