Friday, January 25, 2013

WHOOPING COUGH AT JEFFERSON SCHOOL?

PATCH reports:


Susan Grierson, Principal of Jefferson Elementary School, sent home a letter to parents and guardians on Thursday warning of a suspected case of whooping cough at the school.
It is the second time in a week that a possible case of the disease -- technically called "pertussis" but more commonly known as whooping cough -- has been identified in the South Orange-Maplewood School District. South Orange Middle School principal Joseph Uglialoro sent home an identical letter on Wednesday.
"I've never know anyone who's had it, I only know (of) it from the vaccine the kids get," said Julie Pauly, parent of an 5th-grader at Jefferson. "It strikes me as unusual," she said. "I'm not alarmed but I thought this was eliminated by children's vaccines."

Read more HERE.

No comments: