Sunday, January 13, 2013

MAPLEWOOD MOM WRITES HER COURAGEOUS STORY OF LOST BABIES, AND FOUND STRENGTH

Photo: Star-Ledger
Maplewood mom and author Debra Haine Vijayvergiya shares her touching story about losing several babies in pregnancy, including one stillborn, and showing courage to go through with the fourth, who survived.

Read it in The Star-Ledger HERE, and get a taste of it below:


Autumn Joy was stillborn on July 8, 2011. My heart broke into two pieces that day.Half belonged to me and the other half to Autumn. She would have been beautiful, smart, funny and extremely talented. I just know it. But due to a stricture in her umbilical cord, her time came to an end before she could take her first breath.

As much as I had wanted to shrivel up and crawl into a hole, I surprised myself by my incessant need to hear that I could get pregnant again. It’s awful to say, but at that moment, I believed that if I had another baby, it would make this tragedy, if not easier, at least bearable. I had promised our young daughter a sibling one too many times. 

Yet I had suffered a pregnancy loss each year for three consecutive years. It was now or never.

Read the rest HERE.



No comments: