Wednesday, March 21, 2012

FORMER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR TC HINTS AT INDY RUN

Lee Navlen, who ran unsuccessfully last year for the Township Committee Democratic primary nomination, hinted that he may try for an independent run this year.


TC incumbents Kathy Leventhal and Jerry Ryan are seeking re-election in the June primary.


Navlen lost in his bid to challenge Vic De Luca and India Larrier in last year's Democratic primary, with both of them ultimately winning the general election.


Navlen posted a notice at MOL saying he would not seek that nomination this year, but may run as an independent in November.


His notice stated:


Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have removed my name from consideration for the MDC endorsement.

Certainly, I understand that with two incumbents also seeking the endorsement, my attempts to sway District Leaders may have been difficult. In Jerry Ryan, they have Vic's long time political partner and in Kathy they have a very thoughtful, civic minded individual. Based on how the Democratic Committee traditionally does business, both candidates make a great deal of sense for them.

For now, I am giving some consideration to running in November as an Independent, but before I do that, I want to make sure I have a solid team in place to support those efforts. Again, thank you to those of you who voted for me a year ago. Whatever I do moving forward, I will do with all of you close to my heart. I mean that.


Lee Navlen 

Of course his notice was greeted with some of the snide obnoxious comments that have taken over MOL these days.

We shall see what happens next.

No comments: